Gods among us-part LVIII

Mary was looking at James flying.
"Man he got his power back very quickly." Alex commented. 
"Yes" Mary said without taking her eyes of him. Once he got landed back on the sand, he turned on the rest and took a bow.
Everyone started clapping their hands together.
"Well done bro!!!" Tony screamed. James smiled and turned on Bea.
"Give me more." he said determined and Bea got ready to do it whilst Nora got in between.
"No." she said calmly. "Youˋve done your part. You need to rest now."
"But Nora, I can do more." James said.
Nora put her hand on his shoulder.
"Iˋd rather not. Not now at least. Take some rest. Let the power grow in you." she said.
James nodded and went back to the others. Nora went to Bea.
"What do you think?" she asked her.
"About what?"
"The rest. What is your opinion"
"They are doing fine. Better than I thought to be honest. I am only worried for Mark." she said thinking.
"Why are you saying that?" She asked worried.
"I am afraid that he is not taking things seriously. I mean look at him. He won his memory back, he got his powers and he is not showing off."
Nora started to laugh. 
"Why are you laughing?" she asked upset.
"I'm sorry Bea but you are right that he is not showing off. But I think that he is doing this on purpose. He doesn't want to worry the rest. He is really worried and yes he is not showing off but he doesn't have anything to win by doing so. You know how he is."
"Exactly." Bea said. "I know him that is why i am saying this. I have the feeling that he is too sure about himself." 
Nora looked at her.
"Come on Bea, it's Zeus, he is always too sure about himself."
"I don't know."Bea said. "Maybe you are right. We'll see."

On the way back home, JJ's phone rung. 
"Who's calling?" Niko asked her whilst driving. JJ took her phone and saw Anna's name on the screen.
"Anna" JJ said.
"Answer." Niko said and JJ took the call.
"Hi Anna."
"Hey, where are you?"
"We are in the car, heading back home. What's up?"
"Back home? Where were you?"
"We were with Mark." JJ answered without thinking and Niko gave her a nasty look. JJ shaped "Sorry" with her lips.
"With Mark?" Anna asked upset. "Where is he?"
"Yes with Mark, why?"
"Where is he?" Anna asked.
"Why are you asking?"
"I want to know." 
"Anna, you know that this is not helping you. He is with Nora."
"Oh yes, Zeus and Hera.How nice!"Anna said ironically. JJ stayed quiet.
"When will you be back?"
"I think in about 30 min."
"OK" Anna said and hung up the phone.
"That was weird." JJ comented.
"I feel sorry for her." Niko said and JJ nodded.

Back in the beach, Kevin and Kate got their powers back as well and now Sarah was trying. 
"Come on sis, you can do this!" Tony screamed. Sarah kneeled on her right knee and shaped with her hands an invisible bow. She aimed the sea creature and left the arrow towards it. Nothing happened.
"Artemis, concentrate, you can do this!" Mark screamed. Nora looked at him.
"I thought that Athena was your favourite daughter."
"True. But Artemis needs us now." Mark said. Indeed he changed Nora thought.
Sarah tried again. And again. And again. No luck. She felt on her both knees exhausted. She turned to the rest.
"I'm sorry" she whispered weak. "I can't." 
Mark went to her.
"Yes you can Artemis, look at me, you can and you will."
"I'm sorry father, I can't" she repeated her words and fainted. Everyone run towards her. Tony took her on his arms and they went back in the fire.
"Come on sis, don't give up now. Do it for me. Not now." he said and tears started running through her face whilst Sarah started moving again. She opened her eyes tired and looked at her twin brother.
"What happened?" she asked weak.
"You fainted." Mark answered and she tried to stand up.
"No, no stay there. You are weak." Bea said worried.
"I need to try again. Come on Bea lets go." She said and stood up. Bea looked at her and sighed.
"Are you sure?" she asked.
"Yes, lets go." she answered and took her by her hand. Bea followed her in silence.
"Do you think she will make it?" Mark asked Nora.
"She doesn't have any other choice." Nora said.

Anna was walking up and down the room upset.  Of course he is with her. He loves her for ages, no centuries, thousands of years? Oh my God I'm loosing my mind. She thought and she sat down. Suddenly she stood up and grabbed her phone. I need to see him. She thought and called JJ.
"Hi Anna" JJ answered immediately. 
"Can you please tell me where Mark ist?" Anna asked.
"WOW that was fast."
"JJ I'm not in the mood of jokes. Do you know where he is? I need to talk to him."
"Anna, i don't think that this is a good idea."
"Why not?" she insisted. 
"He is busy Anna. He needs to concentrate on the upcoming battle."
"Oh yes the "battle"" she said ironically. "Anyway, OK thanks JJ."
"Sorry Anna." JJ said but Anna had already hung up the phone.

"She made it!!!" Tony jumped  and hugged Sarah. Sarah was looking at him exhausted.
"I have them brother, i have them." she said. "I can feel the powers growing on me." 
Tony smiled at her.
"I am so happy for you!!!" he said, hugged her and kissed her on the forehead.
"OΚ OK enough. Tony you are next" Bea said smilling.



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Gods among us-part LXII

Gods among us-part LXIII

Gods among us-part LXI